Thursday, May 10, 2012

SEAGULLS - The RATS of the SEA



Seagull - Pic by Don Bobbitt
It really doesn't take long. I was sitting at a TIKI Bar in Florida, when I began to realize that Seagulls are a wasted species of Bird.

Oh, I know, some conservationist is going to say that they serve some useful purpose in the great ecological plan of Mother Earth.

But, over the years here is what I have observed along our Beaches;

- Seagulls are scavengers. They spend their time trying to steal other peoples and species food.
- anywhere there is food served near the Ocean, they will be there, proverbial fork in hand, trying for a free meal.

And, just like that bothersome set of In-laws that everyone seems to have, they can sneak up on any food that they see and scoff it up almost instantaneously.

Whether you are sitting there and eating, at the time, or not.

And, of course, thsee little, feathered rats will Poop indiscriminately on anything or anyone!

Other than that, I see no other contribution that they make to the ecology other than the occasional splash of Seagull Poop on my windshield ..... or umbrella ..... or Beach Chair ...... or Table!

Nuff Said!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave Comments on my work. I appreciate compliments (of course) and I crave constructive criticisms.